Sorry for not blogging when I arrived February 17th.  Once on dry land I got very busy with outfitting the boat and getting ready for MAKK’s arrival.  Then I was busy with MAKK and our guests, the venerable Mr. Peter Thomson and Sue Thomson. 

The trip across the pond (Canaries to Grenada)
Knot Normal at rest in Phare Bleu
View of St. George's Harbor, four masted wind jammer at port
Calivigny Island -Yours for only $120,000 a night;  Yacht included

Swedish lightship used as a bar and bad facility at Phare Bleu

Phare Bleu view to the Atlantic Ocean
took 18 days in following seas with wind 20 to 35 knots.  The seas were 9 to 15 feet.  The boat took it all better than me and the crew.  It was sunny most of the time except for the occasional squall.  It was hard to fish in that environment but I did manage to catch 4 dolphin, 1 skipjack tuna and 2 small amber jacks.

We are now in a marina from heaven.  It is Phare Bleu:  pool, bar, sandy beaches, wonderful views.  The best part is that it is near MAKK’s wonderful cousin, Deb and her husband debondair Ben Unger.  The have been generous with their time and energies.  Deb is a make-it-happen super human.  We need a special sun shade material from the States and we needed it quickly so the local fabricator could make it before we started our northward journey.  Some how she managed to make it happen and when the original fabricator could not make it in time she found a second one that would do the exterior while the first did the interior.  Ben has been motoring me around on my many trips to the two chandleries, ACE hardware, propane shops, dive shops, canvas shops and so forth.  Not to mention dinners and great wine at their home a short distance away.
Bar, restaurant, pool, beach, palm trees

Ben also introduced me to a neighbor who has a well outfitted workshop with all the tools I needed to fabricate enhancements to the boat.  That was invaluable.


MAKK, Peter and Sue did a tour of the island while I worked on the boat.  Now that all the serious work is done we are setting sail with them for an quite anchorage on the west side of the island and then back in time for a BBQ on Hog Island.  

Comments

  1. Maiden voyage for me last night was wonderful! So much nicer than a monohull! My first mooring and first docking this morning was fortunately uneventful. I love automatic pilot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saba, lovely Saba